Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Monday, February 15, 2010

Puppy!

February 13, 2010
Here is the mama dog and 9 of her 10 puppies. The 10th puppy was in James' arms and my kids didn't want to put her down.

Daniel fell in love instantly.
Here is his "soul mate". He finally found someone who looked like him. The puppy doesn't have freckles yet but I am sure they will be the best of friends.

The puppy is only 4 weeks old so we have to wait 3 more weeks before we can bring her home but the kids are already in love!

It was a tough choice between the little red one on the the right and the chubby Blondie on the left. It was such a hard choice, but Daniel swung the vote, he loved the red hair puppy.

Here is the crowning moment. Cinnamon, I think that is what we are going to name her, got her collar. She was the first of the 10 puppies to get a collar.


Her ears are so big you can't even see the collar, but it is there. She has a cute little purple collar that the kids picked out for her.

Poor Cinnamon was getting pretty tired from all the excitement and wanted to eat and rest.

Isn't she so cute!

We tried to have Sophia hold her but she had fallen asleep in the car and wasn't too excited about getting woken up even if it was to see the puppies.

Seriously!
Daniel and the puppy are the cutest ever!
I hope she is ready to come to a house with more love than she can handle.
Several people have asked what happened to Lady, our almost 10 year old Golden Retriever. Nothing is wrong with her, we still have her and love her but think it is the right time to add a fun new companion to her life. Hopefully it will help keep her young and she will stick around for a few more years!
On the way home we stopped by the Dole Plantation for lunch. It took almost 2 hours to get to the puppies house from our house - I think that is just about as far as someone can drive on Oahu. The kids were ready to stop for lunch. We didn't' realize it would take as long as it did to get there, since there isn't much between our house and Pupukea Beach we stopped at the Dole Plantation. A little Dole Whip can cure any long car ride!

In 3 weeks we will be sure to post more pictures of the puppy's journey home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What precious puppies! Daniel surely looks happy with that cute little red one! I'm totally puppy hungry right now!!!
-Nicole Kingsbury

Tina said...

Yeah for a new puppy!!!! so exciting. Yes, that puppy is coming to family with a lot of love.
Yeah, you made it to the dole plantation. Did you do the maze? the Pineapple express? Did you see our old house? I bet you will be back for somemore pineapple whip hu? YUMMO

Sylwia said...

cute! i hope you have the energy to raise a puppy! it's a lot of work!

Lynette said...

If Cinnamon doesn't work out for your family, you can just mail her to us! We'll take good care of her! :) :)

Jessica said...

Let me just say that I am so glad that I don't look like that when I'm nursing...she looks really sore!

Cute puppies...I love that she matches Daniel.