This was the first time I have really had excited kids for Halloween and it was so fun. Daniel couldn't wait from the time he got out of bed for the sun to go down. He kept telling people, anyone he could find, what was going to happen tonight and what he was going to say when he got the candy. He was hillarious.
We didn't get many pictures, by the time we had the kids dressed and ready to go, I got one picture of them all together on the porch then I wanted to do individuals but a trick or treater came long enough to destract me, and they slipped away. I tried to get a picture of them, with Sophia walking, but then they were gone. I kept thinking they would be right back because one of the kids wouldn't want to go, but that wasn't the case.. About an hour later they came back, but it was dark and they were tired. They had a really great time. I guess Halloween is about the kids having a great time and not about the mom who stayed home to pass out the candy! I wanted to see my cute kids go trick or treating! I did learn, that next year.. I'm leaving the candy on the porch and I'm going with the kids!

Sophia is a cute little Dalmation puppy! James is an Army guy and so is Daniel!

Yes, Sophia is holding a potato. Daniel really wanted to carve a pumpkin, but was just as happy to mangle a potato. First he took the pumpkin carving tools and stabbed it a good thirty times and then I got out some thumb tacks for him to make it a face. It was pretty funny. We put it on the porch with James' pumpkin. Daniel showed it to all of his friends. He was pretty proud of his potato. He didn't care one bit that it wasn't a pumpkin, that would have been 10 times harder to do anything with.. What a good boy!

I am afraid this is as close as I can get to letting my children be in the Army!

What cute kids!
1 comments:
Staci, a POTATO!!!. Whooee you are sooo funny! Thanks so much for the story.
Post a Comment