We had lots of obsticles in the trail.. it only added to the adventure!
Why go under the log when it is so much more dangerous for a little guy to go over the log! What you can't see is how steep it is below the log!
James loved these "steps".
Daniel wanted to climb anything and everything that was along the trail. So we plopped them up there to take another great picture!
Daniel is so much like Colton, my little brother, when he was little. Daniel has to take his animal treasures with him everywhere! He carried his backpack most of the way, just to take his Safari toys and guys with him. Every time we stopped for a snack Daniel got out his toys to play!
This pictures doesn't really show how amazing the valley behind us was, but I sure have a cute family!

There was a part of our hike that the tree roots were so crazy you had to be really careful where you could step. James thought it was great to jump from branch to branch..

This is the end of the hike.. we were so grateful to come up out of the bottom of the canapy and be able to see Ford Island. We weren't sure we were going to beat the sun. Our hike turned into a little more than we had thought it would be... but it was fabulous!
For all those who want to see my little island.. This is Ford Island, it was kind of hazzy so it isn't very clear, but the Missouri is on the left, my monster ball is on the right and if you look really close you can see the tower..







6 comments:
Wow that looked like quite the hike! Very exotic! What a fun time!! We would have been carrying our kids the whole way...yeah no thanks! I do miss hiking though! What a beautiful area. Good job doing fun healthy stuff with your family. You are an inspiration! Miss you guys!
Such a beautiful place you live in. I think it's great that you are taking advantage of it and doing all this hiking. Miss you!
Holy Cow Staci you are very brave a 4.5 mile hike with three kids. You are amazing. How long did it take? I bet you left at like 10am and got home at 6pm. How close was I? But yes what a fun adventure. That is so cool. I'm glad you go to spend some time as a family. Sophia looks so cute whith her water bottle. Where is a picture of my friend? Your cute family yes but my friend she is missing. Are you sure you go on all of these fun adventures? Your grandbabies are going to ask where is Grandma in all of these adventures. Grandma behind the camera doesn't work. Giggles. Okay off my soap box. Your Ft. Island looks so cute. I love that your big ball is still there. Thanks for the update.
Our hike took about 3.5 hours.. it was great! My kids are pretty tough! I didn't get any pictures down in the bottom of the canopy where it really was like the Jungle. Next time I will take more pictures downt there.. we were in a hurry to beat the sun!
Isn't the jungle cool? I never got to see it on Hawaii but in Costa Rica. It just feels so ancient. That's pretty impressive taking the fam on such a long hike. You are truly your Daddy's daughter. Fearless! Love you guys and miss you lots.
What a beautiful place to hike! I imagine you'll find plenty to do in Hawaii for 3 years, the difference is that you'll be able to repeat some of your favorites. I'm never sure I'll get back to a place. Your kids look great! Good job to all of you for making it on such a long hike! We know all about kids and walking. I've been telling Ian a lot lately that living in Europe means doing LOTS of walking. And walking. And walking. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment