Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Honolulu Zoo Part 2

We decided since James had the day off of school for Teacher Prep Day that we should do something fun. So we went back to the Honolulu Zoo to finish what we had started. We didn't get there until almost 1:00pm which actually was perfect. It wasn't busy at all and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The weather was perfect, not too hot with just enough wind to keep everything pretty dang pleasant. Sophia is really getting to be interested in things. She learned a new word at the zoo, "WOW". It was really cute. James kept trying to get her to say it with every new animal that we saw. I tried to get it on video, but of course she wouldn't perform for the camera. We really had a good time!


Sophia felt like she had to do everything the boys did, why sit in the stroller when you can look over the wall at the fish and turtles and Monkeys!

James is such a good helper with Sophia. She wants to be "One of the boys"!


I was trying to get her on video saying Wow, but this is pretty cute too!

This is the best face, Sophia was so excited to see the giraffes.


This is the same bench, but with the Giraffe in the background! What cute kids!


We had to take a time out from the animals to play on the little playground. Last time it was like swarming ants with so many kids, this time.. there was only 1 other little boy.

This is called the Childrens Readers Theater, It has really neat plants and some stones for the kids to sit on. My guess is during the Summer they actually do childrens events here, but for now it is a great place to take a picture!
Sophia says HI!


This is beneath the big Koi Pond, you can crawl through the tunnel and see the koi through little windows. James was so good to take Phia with him to see the fish, she loved it!


Sophia really liked the birds, of any kind. I know these are roosters and chickens, but anything that was small and moved was a hit! WOW!


And no blog entry would be complete without my Plant of the day right! These trees were amazing! The flowers were so cool. Each bunch of 6 or 8 flowers comes off of one branch to make up a beautiful collection, all over the tree. I really love the plants and flowers in Hawaii!


This is what the tree looks like, there was a long line all along the walk way of these trees it was breath taking! When you come and visit I will be sure to take you to see! We love you all!

4 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Oh Staci your Sophia is way too cute. I love the face she made when she went to look at the giraffes. I love it. She is getting so big. Pretty soon you will not need a stroller. Sigh sometimes I miss those days. Sometimes! Giggles

Babcocks said...

Staci I love the pictures and its so neat to see all the new things in Hawaii. I would love to be there now. Your kids are growing up so fast. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love those flowers too; the tree/bush is called the Mexican Bird of Paradise. I have 4 of them in my yard.... LOVE Them!!

Sylwia said...

i didnt know there was a zoo in Honolulu. i thought we saw everything when we were there. it's good to see you guys having fun.

sylwia