Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Honolulu Zoo

We have had a fun week.. James has had this whole week off of school so we have tried to make the most of it. On Tuedsay he went to the Aquarium with our neighbors, on Thursday we went with the same neighbor to the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki and on Friday we went for a fun family hike.
Here are some pictures of the zoo!


I know.. I love the trees here, that is one tree! It has roots that grow down from the branches. The actual canapy of the tree is huge, but the amazing root system is what I thought was so cool.

These were the baby Galapogos Turtles.. James loves them!


Daniel loved the playground.. James didn't want to play, but Daniel loved it!


I didn't take a very good picture of this.. in the pond were great big Koi.. they were really cool!


This is the petting zoo! Daniel loved it, the kids can climb up big logs to get into the petting part while the parents go through the boring door! Daniel loved the goats, they wouldn't move away from him. He wanted to pet the chickens, but he couldn't get close enough! Only Daniel would want to pet a chicken!

We didn't see the whole zoo.. you could only pay for 4 hours of parking and that didn't give us enough time to see everything.. but we bought a family pass so we can go back whenever we want!.. Oh We just can't wait to see what else is at our fun zoo!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun! A whole week off, that's awesome! That tree is really cool. The Zoo looks really cool, next time I'm in Hawaii well have to check it out!;)

Bastianclan said...

Awee you can't go wrong at the Zoo hu? I forgot you had to pay for the parking. Did you know if you park at the Hale koa has free parking for military. WE always parked there and walked where we wanted to go. Or the Alamoana has free parking also.
Janell is coming down in two weeks to try and find a house. I told her about Ft. Island so maybe they will be moving there. That would be so cool. They are having their house hold good picked up in three weeks crazy hu? They will be in Hawaii before you know it.

So tell me do you like year round school? I do. It takes some getting use to for sure.

it's so fun to see your adventures. wishing we were there to join you. Hey Light of the South is coming up you wanna go?? Or the program at Alamoana over christmas.

Lynette said...

I need to get out more...I need to get out to Hawaii... :) :)