Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Friday, January 9, 2009

Saving the Snails!

This morning we heard the engines start up and new they were on their way to our house. James had been monitoring the progress of the landscape people as they came down our street and we knew they would make it to our house today. James was very concerned for the safety of our monster snails, so today we "harvested" them!
Before

After
Hopefully it grows in quickly.. this is pretty ugly all cut down!
James and Daniel searching as quickly as they could for the big snails before the workers made it to our yard. They had already started on one side, but there was still time!

These are the snails that we found, 2 small ones and 4 big ones.

So, we made a new home for them for a little while, until our front yard grows back enough to protect them!

James giving them plenty of leaves and protection to eat and to hide in!

11 comments:

Sylwia said...

why in the world are they cutting the shrubs off? it looks awful without them!

Lynette said...

What a very sweet thing to do for those GIGANTIC snails!! Your boys are sweet. :)

Bastianclan said...

Oh boy you always wanted snails as your pet. That is fantastic!!! So nice of your boys to find a new home for you new pets.

I love your baby counter too!!! How fun I haven't seen one quiet like this.

I agree with sylwia the shrubs look awful cut down.

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

How cute, and what a nice mom you are... snails, eww!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you are feeling well and that everything goes smoothly...(echoing cute baby countdown comment!)

Correa Family said...

YEAH PACKERS!!!! Congratulations on being pregnant!! I'm so excited for you!

Snails.... ewww.... your boys are such, well, boys!! Nice of you to give them a new home.

And just like others, that is a really cute baby ticker.

marneyd said...

Hey, let's hear it for Save the Snails! I finally got the sledding pictures up for you... Hope the snails make it. They scarcely could find anywhere else where they would be so appreciated. XXOO Mimi

Carrie and Nathan said...

Cute post! How thoughtful are those boys?

Yay! Congrats on the pregnancy. We are so happy for y'all!

Staceroo said...

You know, not many people would remember the snails in this time of crisis, but I'm sure the snails are thankful.

Staceroo said...

Oh, P.S. Chris' birthday is August 18 - So, girl or boy, if it's born on that day, I think you should name it after him . . . Christopher or Christina Junior, how sweet. :) (Ha, ha) Congratulations!!

Emma said...

Congrats on the upcoming baby! How exciting! And, you are such a very, very, very nice mom to adopt the snails...much nicer than I am! Why did they cut down the shrubs?

Unknown said...

Yay for the snails and the baby!