Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

G6 Christmas Party

Today was the G6 Christmas Party! It was at the "Park" by the Hale Koa on Waikiki. It was beautiful weather and the party was amazingly well put together. The kids really had a great time and I did too, which is saying a lot for an Army function!
We started off with some mingling and getting to know everyone a little bit, then a pot luck turkey dinner. I have to say there was plenty of yummy food! Then it didn't take long for all the action to begin! Santa, a treasure hunt, a pinata, and white elephant exchanges, plus it was all right on the beach, so after the party we spent some time at Waikiki, and it wasn't too crowded which was nice! We really had a fun day!


For Hawaii standards this was an amazingly good Santa, he even had a helpful elf!

















They had a "treasure hunt" in the sand, which couldn't have pleased my boys more. Someone had buried "treasure" before hand and then they let the kids dig and find it. Each bag had a big item and lots of candy.




Daniel loved the treasure hunt but was a little confused because there was no "x" to tell him where to dig. All good treasure maps have an "x".



They had a really cute candy cane pinata. Daniel thought he was in the major leagues, swinging the bat as hard as he could to no avail... 3 strikes and it didn't break, someone elses turn. James also did his best to break it, yet didn't. Somehow I didn't get a picture of James.



This is Daniel collecting all of his candy and treasures after it broke. James mostly went for the red and green pens, he thought they were fabulous! He was a great 'sharer' though. Daniel didn't get any pens nor did some other little girls and he was very good to give them each one of his! What a good man!





Getting all set up in the sand is always fun. It usually takes Sophia a little while to warm up to getting in the sand or the water! She is usally pretty good to just sit in my chair and not even try to move off of it, because there is sand all around her!


Sterling and the boys playing in the water! The water was probably in the 70's. Not super warm, but warm enough to play in for a while! It was in the low 80's today and overcast so it was a pretty nice day for being at the beach.


Daniel clawing his way out of the water up the sandy, shelly, rocky, beach. Waikiki, at least this part of it didn't have soft nice sand. It had owey pokey rocks!


James showing Sterling his latest rock find! He will always be a collector!



I took her shoes off of her and she wasn't very pleased. I took her down to the water and she slowly warmed up to the water and had a great time. She mostly just wanted to sit on Sterling or my lap. Because I was in the water... we didn't get pictures of her in the water. I will try harder next time!



Merry Christmas everyone!

11 comments:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

I love warm Christmases...one of my favorite childhood memories is opening Christmas presents and then spending time in the pool!

Merry Christmas!!!

Correa Family said...

Lucky you! Even though we are in Georgia it's still a chilly 44 degrees! But I guess I can't complain too much, it is going to be 70 later this week! LOL! Merry Christmas to you! It sounds like you had tones for fun at the beach!

Ned said...

Lucky YOU. It's below freezing, slightly breezy, snow on the ground and a heavy snow storm predicted for tomorrow. Merry Christmas from Utah

Grandpa and Grandma

Lynette said...

Hmmmm...Here we are in SNOWY Utah -- we can't even get out of our driveway without a snow plow. The beach sounds like a dream!! :)

Lynette said...

Oh -- Merry Christmas!!!!

CNJ said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your lovely warm Christmas' while you get them!

Carrie and Nathan said...

Simply Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

The Snow's said...

MELE KALEKIMAKA!! It's been awhile, sorry if I spelled it wrong. :) We miss you guys glad to see all is well with your family. I'm going to school to be a medical transcriptionist so that I can work from home there is a lot of potential so we are hoping it's a good fit for our family. Happy Holidays talk to you soon.

Sylwia said...

wow! christmas at the beach! that's just great!

Jess said...

you guys do the coolest things. We definately should have gotten together and had some fun. I wish we could have gotten to know eachother more. Thank you for showing me how to use a blog. Now you have another person shairing blogs with you. :) Jessi :)

Bastianclan said...

Awee Staci what fun. That was a fun party for sure. I love the Candy Cane Pinata. So cool.
I had to laugh at the no x. All treasure maps should have an X Duh... Umm you need to talk to Santa's Elfs and let them know okay??? Maybe next year Danny will have his X Giggles.
Ummm are you sure you were there??? J/k you said you were in the water. I guess it's time to get a water proof camera. *Hint*Hint.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family
We sure do miss you!!!
Did you survive Christmas w/o your family in Hawaii???