Furlough Friday or should we say Field Trip Friday
Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail
December 4th, 2009

On Friday we took the kids up the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail.


It was a pretty steep climb but Cat pushed Sophia and Patrick in her double jogging stroller and I held onto Paul and Daniel, while James and Philip went on ahead. It was really beautiful. It is a paved trail with lots of divits in it! It didn't take long for Daniel and Paul to get their second wind and want to run on ahead with the older boys.

At the first switch back Philip and James wanted to go "see what they could see"!

Daniel and Paul just wanted to take a break!

Finally we made it to the top and the boys were having a great time looking through the binoculars to "see what they could see". This is supposed to be a great spot to see whales from December to January but we didn't see any.

The drop off was pretty abrupt so the boys were given a "do not cross" line by Cat and I. However, they weren't always very good about sticking to it.

The older boys were pretty fascinated by this tidepool area. They had been learning about tidepools at school so this was pretty interesting. With the binoculars you could see things pretty well.

Patrick and Sophia just stayed up at the top with me to have some snacks and walk around.
I think we all had a great time!

Lunch Time!
What a great Furlough Friday!
1 comments:
How fun. I love all the pictures!!!! Hawaii is beautiful. Awee I miss those beautiful warm days.
Post a Comment