Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Monday, December 28, 2009

A little bit of everything!

On December 23rd James planted the "Little Green House" plants. Each set came with 6 little starter pots and 6 pellets of dirt. All you had to add was the water. He planted all 18 plants. He thought it was great! Each day we check the seeds to see if anything has sprouted and how they are doing and add water when they need it. James planted 6 different kinds of cacti in one container, and some sunflowers, vinca, and some snapdragons in the other two containers. We will see how they do!

He is "wild" about science and learning!
Christmas morning... almost before any presents were opened. Daniel was so excited to open presents as soon as I came down the stairs he started ripping them open. Sophia and James are sitting on the new bar stools that I got. We had a great Christmas! Not only did everyone get some great things we really had a great time with each other. This year we worked really hard on getting things that were for the family, lots of games, educational games, board games, science experiments and more. It has been a fun week doing all the fun new things! I have a great family!

As soon as Sophia opened her princess sheets and blanket she wanted to lay down in them. She didn't want to open more presents for a while, she was very content in her new bedding. Silly girl. She is all girl. She started the morning in her cute pink PJ's that she opened on Christmas eve. But every time she opened a new pair of pajamas she wanted to put on the new ones. After the 3rd pair, we had her stay in the same pajamas. She was plenty happy to play with all of her new treasures. She is all girl, I don't remember my boys wanting to change clothes in the middle of opening presents. Funny baby!

Sophia was so funny. It was like her own little secret what was in the bag. She didn't want to unzip the bag and let the boys see what was in it. She only opened the bag at the top and one by one would pull out the next surprise.


Even sideways she is such a cute little girl!

Grandma Packer had filled a barbie lunch box with all kinds of little girl things. Some were makeup applicators or little pretend blow dryers, lots of barrettes and hair clips, some curlers and any and all other girl things you can think of. Sophia absolutely loves it!

Daniel driving his new "morphibian". It is a remote control car that can go in water and on land. Both James and Daniel got one. They are pretty cool. We haven't found a good spot for it yet but supposedly you can drive them into big puddles of water that will completely submerge them and they will still drive. Pretty cool! We will have to wait for the next big rainstorm and try it out!

James is sitting in the rocking chair playing his new DS game, "Fossil Fighters" that he bought with the money that Grandma Robison sent him. (Thank you Grandma Robison!) He likes to follow Sophia while she takes her dolls to her bed. He just sat in her rocking chair playing his game while she talked to her babies. What a good brother.

Sophia's crib transformed into a toddler bed. She was so excited to get her princess sheets and blanket on her bed. It may be ghetto but it works to have the food storage boxes as the step onto her bed. This is a small house, we only care about practical, maybe I will paint the boxes pink so it looks a little less like #10 cans of white wheat and oatmeal in a box. She loves princesses. She takes her babies and tucks them into bed and then brings them downstairs and then back again to her bed for their nap. She is such a good little mama!

Sophia and her lotion

"Lotion Bath"

Grandma Packer started this when she was here. She would sit down with Sophia and a little bottle of lotion and give her a "bath" and massage. Sophia thinks it is the best thing ever. She can often be found giving herself or her babies a lotion bath. We keep the cute little bottle and just add more lotion from the big pump as to help contain the amount of lotion she can use. She has learned she can't be on the couch for the lotion bath she must be on the floor. My couch can only handle so much lotion on it! She is such a funny girl!
On December 26th we went to see STOMP. Here is James reading up on as much information about STOMP and the performers as he can before the show and Daniel trying to see how many times he can make the chair fold in and out before the show starts. Two very different boys! BUT THEY BOTH LOVED IT!

It was hard to see through my camera but we had great seats (although they were in the balcony) we got the "Military Rate" which means "cheap seats!" We had a great time though!
If you haven't ever been so blessed as to see "STOMP" , you should really find them and go!

There were lots of "security" people telling me I couldn't take pictures of the stage or the props. I didn't understand why, I just wanted it for my blog..

This is the boys standing by the stairs in front of the stage. They really loved it!

James, Daniel, and Sterling outside the Hawaiian Theater. Lots of tourists were taking their pictures with the beautiful fountain.. so we figured that it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to do it as well. Sometimes we forget we are in the middle of beautiful Hawaii and take it for granted. So, today we took advantage and took our picture.

Sterling and Staci outside of the Hawaiian Theater
(Taken by James)

For Christmas I asked Papa for a Poffertjes Pan. Poffertjes are little Dutch Pancakes that are more like a cross between doughnuts and pancakes. I remember my Grandpa DeVroom making them for us when I was a kid and thinking they were so fun. On Sunday (Dec 27th) I got a chance to try it out, I wanted to make them for my family. Papa sent me a Poffertjes pan and the recipe for Christmas, Thank you Papa! It was very fun to bring a little Dutch tradition into my house and to tell my kids about some things I enjoyed as a little girl. We hope to do it often, not just at Christmas time! I am Dutch and I am proud of it! (Mostly I like the Dutch chocolate!!!)
Even James tried the Poffertjes.. he doesn't like to try new things but he was brave and he was glad he was! YUMMY!


Sterling likes the poffertjes too!
(The white plate is butter and powdered sugar mixed together to dip the poffertjes into)

For Christmas Grandma Packer made us about 75 different file folder activities. Each folder has different activities from beginning letters and sounds, shapes and colors, numbers, math, time, reading and much more. There are lots to choose from and each is unique.
Sophia was so funny on Sunday night. I was putting all the folders into a container and trying to organize them into categories the best I could and Sophia kept coming back for more. She had to have done at least 15 different activities and when it was bed time she wanted to keep going. We finally had to tear her away from them to go to bed. She really loved the new folders with activities that Grandma had made. Thank you Grandma Packer!


Sophia doing "school folders" with Sterling before bed.

Daniel and Sophia doing "school folders" this morning!
They are perfect. They have folders that are just right for Sophia and ones that James will have to grow into and everything in between!
Perfect for Furlough Fridays and everyday for pre-school.
Sophia is such a helper! Anything the boys can do she wants to do too!
Daniel putting the cards in the letter slots of the beginning sounds. Grandma and Grandpa Packer gave this to him for Christmas and it will be perfect for him to work on his letters and sounds. Preschool at home!

We had a great Christmas!
Thank you everyone for all the many gifts and for all the love and support you have been to our family throughout the year! We love you all!
Happy New year to you all!

8 comments:

Dasha said...

I love those military benefits! Too bad our concert was cancelled because of the snow. Anyway, that's cool that you got to go. The whole lotion bath thing just cracked me up. Must be a little girl thing.

Stephanie said...

So many fun things! I love it all! Sophia is getting so big and I love that she is all girl amid her two brothers.It's kind of like Jordan being ALL BOY with his girly sisters.
Happy Holidays!

Sylwia said...

looks like a wonderful Christmas. Sophia is so cute. Gracie is all girl too and i love it. she is my only one so I'm glad she is girly. it's so fun.

we sure miss you here. eighteen more months? and then where? looks like we'll be headed to Germany. thanks to your advice we did not even put Hawaii on our list. that twelve days of Christmas song performance was discouraging.

Jessica said...

Staci, what a great Christmas! I'm so glad everyone is doing so well. Your kids are getting so big...especially Sophia! She is adorable.

Do you know where the file folder activities came from? Like online or did she have to buy them? I have about 5 but my kids are sick of them so I wanted to make more.

I miss you! Hope you're doing well..how are your doctor's appointments going?

Tina said...

Oh what a fun Christmas. I had to laught at the Security guy yelling at you. HELLO she needed it for her BLOG. That is awesome.
Oh my word Sophia is in a big girl bed? When did she get that old?

YOu guys always do such great family fun.

Plants? how fun is that? I bet James Green thumb is better than mine. :)

Lynette said...

Hillary and I saw Stomp several years ago...IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I'm glad you guys got to see them perform.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Carrie and Nathan said...

Did someone just rate your blog? Weird comment Anon.

Your Kiddos are sure adorable! Looks like an awesome Christmas. That Sophia is an absolute doll! I too, love the lotion story! So funny.