Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Friday, May 14, 2010

More Water Fun

April 24, 2010We finally pumped up the slide.

Sophia loves her little pool.

She said " I can do it all myself". What could be better than that?


Our neighbors started the day of water fun by pulling out their big water slide. They bought it a few years ago and pull it out every now and then. The whole neighborhood of boys showed up to play on it.

Philip was having a great time. When the owners weren't looking the kids were doing all sorts of crazy tricks. The rules were: on your bottom, feet first, no racing, NO FUN! What boy wants to do that. So when they were un-watched (other than by me) they were pretty creative!

They had to climb the back, which was pretty tricky.
Daniel could do it, but Sophia was much to little to do it so we pulled out her little pool.

Daniel had a great time no matter how he went down!

James could get some pretty good speed!

If you didn't drain the bottom it built up a little pool to land in. The kids liked it much better with a pool to land in. So on my watch, we left the pool, but it too was against the "rules".

It is a pretty big slide. The kids loved it. I am REALLY REALLY tempted to by one kind of like it for my kids! They love the water and it will pay for itself in no time. They cost more than $150 to rent here and they only cost about $350 so.. see good investment! My kids would love it if they could play with it every day. I don't think it would wear out the excitement because they could do it more often, I think they would want it out as much as possible.. See Again... Good investment! Still not sure I am ready to fork out that much money, I am saving to adopt a little girl and right now that has to come first, but then I am buying a big water slide!

Daniel smiling big from the top!

James climbing the back to get to the top.

Daniel almost to the top!


Daniel loved to 'dive' into the pool at the bottom of the slide. Face down, hands in diving position, giggle ready. He is such a cute kid, really!

James doing a 'against the rules' move jumping off the second hill on the slide into the pool at the bottom. Pretty brave!
Once the boys got kicked off the big slide for breaking the rules too many times, Daniel came over to our little pool to do more 'stunts'!
Who says he is too big for the little pool?

Yep, somersault down the slide, bet you can't do that!

Coolest dude ever!

Sophia was worn out after so much water fun (oh and the water was pretty cold) so she laid on the cement with her towel and got nice and cozy. What a fun water day!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My kids would LOVE for me to get an awesome slide like that, but I'm afraid I would be the boring uptight Mom making them keep the rules...mostly becuase of the crazy neighbor boys that would come and do things that hurt the other kids. Not that I have had any experience with that already and our trampoline or anything. :)
That and I think I would want to go down it too, and that can never end well! :)

Lynette said...

Wow!!!! That's a GREAT slide! I can see why you'd like one of those. :) Too many rules for me, too, BUT I understand the whole liability issue. :( I would think that as long as a responsible parent were watching, it would lessen the chances of someone getting hurt. But some kids don't know how to obey ANY rules...Ah well.

Jess said...

You guys are the coolest. I sure miss pooling the one out for the boys and watching them have a blast.