Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Waimanalo Beach Park

So Today was our Ward Activity at Waimanalo Beach Park! Our ward provided lunch and lots of kids for my kids to play with. It was amazingly beautiful and so much fun! Here are some pictures of our day. What the pictures don't show... how sunburned we all got! We had applied sunblock, but clearly not often enough! Daniel is going to be our resident "beach bumb". He only left the water to eat lunch because mom made him and to wipe his eyes on the towel when the waves knocked him over! He had so much fun! Thank goodness James and Daniel had their cool SPF shirts on so only their faces got sunburned. They are really burned, but at least it is contained! We all really had a great time!
We got these cool body boards. I even got out and rode some waves. They are a lot of fun! James only liked to ride the small waves. He dumped a few times, but he was really brave!
Sophia spent most of the day under the umbrella. She doesn't like to sit in the sand so she was either in my lap, sitting on the towel, or sitting with Sterling! Sterling and I took turns holding her under the umbrella and playing in the water. We were at the beach from 9:30 to 3:30. We were having so much fun it was hard to pull ourselves away!
This isn't the most glamourous picture of us, but this is what we look like after a lot of fun playing in the ocean! The scenery is still beautiful!
This was a lot of fun! James and I were sitting on the body boards. Daniel and Sophia are sitting between my legs and we were just talking and having the waves come up to us! James had a lot of funny things to say and I was really enjoying my kids!
I really needed today! I love my family so much!

3 comments:

Babcocks said...

Your family looks like they are loving it. Its sure is better then the cold snow. We are not looking forward to that. Pictures are great. I am glad things are going so well.

Stephanie said...

Oh I feel your pain with the sunburns. It never mattered how much I put on. As A rule of thumb for my fair skin I reapplied every hour, sometimes every 30 minutes. Just don't forget the top of your feet. It's painful;). Anyways, the beach looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!

Bastianclan said...

Awee another fun day at the Beach. So spoiled... ARe your sunburns all better? Thanks for the picture of my friend...
Can't wait for you to go to the PCC and the Dole pineapple. Fun time in Hawaii for sure.