Our family had such a great weekend. Unfortunately we had a bit of a camera glitch so I will have to wait for pictures to be developed. The first day (Monday), I brought the camera, but it was dead. The second day (Tuesday), I charged the camera, then left it home. So, after our canal ride I found a disposable camera to use the rest of the day. But like all 35mm film, it takes time to get developed, but you have to drop it off first! So I promise I will add pictures when I get them.
SATURDAY we got some things ready to move and went and got Lady a crate to fly in, then went to our friends' house for yummy dinner and a wild game of Settlers. I still suck at Settlers, but that is a different story. We had a great time and it was a great way to start off our 4 day weekend!
SUNDAY was a great family day... nothing out of the ordinary, but a nice day!
MONDAY we finally did it! We loaded up all of our bikes and went down to the Augusta Canal and rode the "tow path". It was a total of 8 miles. James, Sterling, and I all rode it and Daniel and Sophia were in the trailer, pulled my Sterling. It was wonderful! James did such a great job it was amazing, he was such a trooper! I had such a wonderful time. It was nice to be with my family in the beautiful surroundings enjoying all of the wildlife, scenery, exercise, etc. What joy! We had such a good time and had discovered a treasure that we decided that on Tuesday we would come back!
TUESDAY we went on the Augusta Canal historic boat ride. It was really fascinating to learn so much about this area. Daniel got to be the honorary boat Captain. He couldn't have had a bigger smile. I wish I had had a camera! The Captain had asked James if he wanted to drive the boat but he didn't want to do that. James was more interested in watching for turtles and ducks and things. Sophia was mostly interested in eating her life jacket! After the boat ride we went to the Deli next door and bought us some lunch to take to the "Clearing". About 1.5 miles in on the "tow path" there is a clearing that is grassy with shade trees and a place for the kids to get into the Savannah River and play. We had brought some blankets and snacks and lots of cold water to drink. We had an amazing time. Daniel, our resident fish, didn't want to get out of the water at all. Giving him Oreo's was the only trick to get him to leave the water. Aren't we all glad that I had some with us! Sophia just played on the blankets and tried to eat everything from pine cones to dirt and bugs while the boys played in the river. I think before we go again I will buy myself a pair of shorts so that I can wade in the water as well. It was much too hot in my Levi's. It was a great day! We will definitely be going back to the "clearing" before we move! (in 28 days!) I took pictures on the disposable camera at the clearing and will post them once I get them back!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Memorial Weekend
Posted by Staci at Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
How have I never heard of this place before? It sounds like a lot of fun! I will have to get more info from you so we can go too!
Post a Comment