April 24th, 2008
For a fun family night we went to the Strawberry patch in Wrens Georgia.. it took about 25 minutes to drive to. We had such a great time! The kids loved every minute of it. They have 1 gallon buckets there and you fill them up. Who knew that picking strawberries could be so much fun! James was on a quest... to find the funniest shaped strawberries. Most of them he would eat after showing us all how funny they were.
Daniel loved to pick every strawberry.. the ones that were ripe and the ones that weren't. He needed a little more supervison. He was so excited to pick as many strawberries as he could. James was a little
more picky.. only wanted the funny ones. Sterling was so good to help the boys and to help weed out Daniel's not so ripe ones. I just held Sophia and took pictures.. oh, and tasted a few of the strawberries. They were super yummy! Way better than anything you can get at the grocery store!
After picking two buckets the kids still wanted to pick more, but what can you do with that many
strawberries before they go bad?
Well, we decided that James could take a bucket of Strawberries to school to share with his friends and his teachers. So we let the kids pick another bucket.
I had a really fun time with all the strawberries, I made freezer Jam for the first time! It tasted just like I remember my mom's jam tasting when I was a kid. It was really easy, and didn't use up nearly as many strawberries as I had planned for. I made a Strawberry Jam, Strawberry cheesecake, Strawberry shakes, Strawberry smoothies, and we ate lots of strawberries with whipped cream. It was so much fun!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Strawberry Patch
Posted by Staci at Saturday, May 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I really need to check out this Srawberry patch. everyone has been there but us. HUMMMM we are totally missing out!
Post a Comment