Packer Family

Packer Family
Jan 2014 (James 11, Daniel 8, Sophia 6, Helena 3, Nellie 2)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Diamond Head

Sterling and I had a really great date last night. He and I hiked up Diamond Head then went to Keo's after for Thai food. The hike was rated as "moderate". We were definantly breathing hard but it was well worth the steep hike and the several sets of stairs, the last set being 99 stairs.

There were basically 4 sides to view from the top, I didn't take pictures of all 4. In hind sight I wish that I had, maybe next time. This light house was really cool and the colors in the water were amazing!


This view was looking toward Cocoa Head. We haven't been there yet!


This is the view looking toward Waikiki and Downtown Honolulu.

It was breathtakingly beautiful!




There were several tunnels and cut out rock trails to climb through! At the top it was an old Army bunker. It was all pretty amazing!

We really had a great time!

We thought we would be exciting and go to a restraunt we hadn't ever been to before, well in Waikiki there were many to choose from. Sterling had never had Tai food and wanted to checkout Keo's. I had the "Evil Jungle Prince" = Chicken and cabbage in some kind of curry sauce, however the menu didn't say it was curry sauce. Sterling really liked it, but it was so hot I couldn't really eat much of it! Sterling had Bangkok Duck which was really tender and the sauce was really nice. For Desert I had a Brownie Sunday with Coconut Ice Cream - way yummy! and Sterling had Flan... which he loves but I think is disgusting. We really had a great date night and can't wait for next week!

Date night is great!

5 comments:

Correa Family said...

How fun! I wish I could go on honey-moon type dates like that! We used to do stuff like that in Monterey, CA. I miss it sometimes!

So Thai food, huh! My brother-in-law is going on a mission to Thailand so we have tried the food. It's okay, we make a dish at home called Penang. It sounds kinda like what you had, but we don't make our too hot, you know, because the kids have to eat it.

Glad you are having fun!

Bastianclan said...

Staci your date sounds so fun!!!
Tai food Hu? wow you are getting brave! Awee your pictures are beautiful. I'm glad I have a pic of my friend.
Love ya

Stephanie said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had fun on your date, it's look like lots of fun, and look at you combining exercising and fun! Way to go! Make the brownie sundae not look as bad when you worked hard for it! ;)

marneyd said...

Hey, that looks like a terrific date night!

Okay, I started my blog and how do I put a cool picture under the title and put a nifty background like your palm trees and how do I post pictures and ... well, you get the idea. You're very talented and my blog is BORING! Any suggestions on where to go to learn about such stuff?

Babcocks said...

HOw exciting. I love date night also I just wish we could do it more often. Love you guys