This weekend has been a busy one at our house! Thursday night after school James and his friend Philip who lives next door decided that was the day that they were going to take the training wheels off of their bikes. We, the parents, have been talking about doing it for a few weeks now. James said "We don't need to wait for dad, I can do it!" (meaning ride without the training wheels.) So I got out the tools and I took off James and Philip's training wheels. I am sure we were quite the sight. Cat, Philips mom, and I both had on flip flops and were out there trying to run along side our boys to keep them balanced. They both did amazingly well, me on the other hand... I am not a runner! Not only am I not a runner I am not very patient! James would panic every time I let go of his bike and would hit the breaks. By the time Sterling had come home from work, James had had enough. So on Friday as soon as James came home from school he and Sterling were out on our quite little road. Sterling is much more patient than I and a much better motivator. Within about 30 minutes James was riding his bike! He did such a great job! Now he just hops on and goes! He is getting so big... really!

James and Sterling trying to balance and Daniel trying to ride his skateboard!
James doing it on his own with Dad jogging along for support!
The second major milestone this weekend is that Daniel finally got his skateboard! He has wanted one since Christmas and we told him that only big boys who had underwear could ride a skateboard. So once he was potty trained he could have a skateboard. Well, we were true to our word and got him his skateboard. He was in little boy heaven. He is very quick at picking up new things. I started him out by having him just lay on it. He then moved to doing it on his knees and now he can do it standing up! In just 2 days (Saturday and Monday) he was able to figure it out! What a cute little guy! We had to buy him one that had everything together in one package. He wanted a skateboard, skateboard helmet, skateboard knee pads, skateboard elbow pads, and skateboard shoe pads, but we were not able to find shoe pads.... sorry Daniel!
(Dad, if you pause the music on the side of my blog you can hear what Daniel is saying!)
Daniel skating on his knees!

This is a little random, but they are so cute!
Sophia just got her first pair of shoes this weekend because she is starting to walk!
They are so little and cute.... and pink!
3 comments:
Good Job James that is so cool. How fun to ride your bike without training wheels hu?
Danny I love you and your skate board how cute are you. You look so responsible with your helmet and pads.
Sophia what is your mom doing buying you shoe??? you are in Hawaii no one wears shoes.
LOL Staci I loved you running in your flip flops. Hello that is the only thing we wore.
Okay so I got a little glimps of your house in your Danny video. Posting house pictures soon?
Miss you guys...
(This is your sis-in-law, just so you know :) )
I love the sweet pictures of Sterling with James. Those are truly priceless. You can see the big smile on James' face with his daddy running along side him. I can't wait for Alan to have that experience (it will be another year or two -- our street is scary-busy! We'd have to practice somewhere else) with our kids. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
P.S. I understand how fun it is to buy girl things. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it! Have fun with those new pink shoes! :)
That's awesome James and Daniel! We miss you guys! I LOVE sophia's shoes!!!!!!!! Super cute!
Post a Comment